As pet owners, sometimes we just have to follow the words of that rather annoying Disney song goes “Let It Go”.
We cannot afford to take ourselves too seriously as dog owners because trying to micromanage every element of our own life (let alone our dogs life) is the easiest way to set yourself up to fail.
Dogs will be dogs at the end of the day and they will…
- poop in the lobby of your building
- pee on your mother in laws sofa
- bark at the gorgeous guy/ girl you meet while on a dog walk
- act like a lunatic when you have had a bad day at work
- will get their fur all over your “date” dress
- will leave dirty paw prints over your nicely cleaned floor
- will poo on the hallway floor moments before you bring a guest over
- will dig up your plants
- hump dogs in the park
- steal the couple’s picnic sandwiches
- have diarrhea in front of your fav store
At the end of the day, dogs will be dogs and we should take a lesson from their book and not worry about the small things. If you can’t shit on it, or pee on it, just kick dirt over it and move on